The attached documents have been uploaded and managed in many records belonging to the different models. This has lead to the difficulties in the documents management.
Viindoo Documents Management can support you to upload documents to the ERP software, arrange and manage them according to the detailed rules more effectively.
Allows setting up a directory tree to manage documents.
- Allows sorting and searching of unstructured documents using the tagging function.
- Search documents with multiple options.
- Allows setting automatic actions on documents. For example: automatically put in any folder, automatically set the owner for the document,...
- Allows sharing of documents internally or publicly with partners.
- Flexible configuration to integrate many different modules such as Sales and Human Resources, thereby allowing automatic creation of documents when there are one or more attachments on any interface.
- Stars and allows filtering out starred documents.
- Flexible delegation by organizing teams with each member of the team/group. Each team/team has the right to download, read, edit, and delete team or own documents.
- Community Edition
- Enterprise Edition
- Navigate to Apps.
- Search with keyword viin_document.
- Press Install.
Instruction video: Documents Management
After installation, the Documents Management App will be shown in the main menu of system.
1. Access rights
Go to Main menu > Setting > Users & Companies > Users, select the user account to set up access rights. There are 3 access rights:
- Set it blank: By default, the users are not able to manipulate documents in the Document Application, but you can add appropriate rights for them to each document folder according to the instructions in the following article Create and authorize document workspaces.
- Officer: The users can access all and upload documents with this right.
- Administrator: The user has full access to the Documents app.
2. General setting
You set up the information as the following guideline:
- Step 1: Go to Documents > Configuration.
- Unique Document Name: Activate this feature if the new folder's name is unique.
- Actions: The actions to insert/replace the corresponding tags.
- Teams: It is used to set up the rights to access the documents to be attached to the app's interfaces, however, the users do not have the rights to use this app. For example, the salesman can view the Delivery Slip.
- Document Generation Rule: This feature will help you to be able to automatically create a file and manage it. Otherwise, it can support auto-create the workspace to contain the file as the setting up rule. You can view the demo data from the other apps related documents management in software to setting up proactively. For example, viin_document_stock for inventory documents management, viin_document_account for accounting documents management, v.v
- Step 2: Go to Documents app > Master data.
- Tags: All files and URL links in the Documents Management App can be categorized and arranged by tags and tag categories.
- Workspaces: It is used to contain all documents attached in the detailed interface.
Step 1: Upload documents on the system.
Step 2: Share documents.
Step 3: Document approval.
Step 4: Search document.
This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be
(executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have
valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps,
or if you
received a written agreement from the authors of the
Software (see the
You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library
by depending on it, importing it and using its
copying any source code or material from the
Software. You may distribute
those modules under the license of your
choice, provided that this
is compatible with the terms of
the Odoo Proprietary License (For
LGPL, MIT, or proprietary
licenses similar to this one).
It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell
copies of the
Software or modified copies of the Software.
The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS
BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN
ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE,
FROM, OUT OF OR IN
CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER
DEALINGS IN THE