Cloud computing model is a tool that can share a huge amount of data between businesses and limit transmission problems. In this article, Viindoo will introduce readers to popular types of cloud computing today to have a more general view of these models.
|Model name||Advantage ||Defect
|Public Cloud||- Simple user interface design.|
- Scalable data range.
- Low cost.
- Regular operating time.
|- The level of confidence is only approximate.|
- The application still has some security flaws.
- Not suitable for complex tasks.
|Community Cloud||- Moderate cost.|
- Stable data and user information security.
- Ability to transfer data quickly.
|- Data can only be shared with a fixed bandwidth capacity.
- Not too popular among users.
|Private Cloud||- Flexible and scalable data transmission range.|
- Can develop individually based on customer requirements.
- High security.
|- High cost.|
- Restricted data access in some regions.
|Hybrid Cloud||- High security and privacy.|
- Flexibility to upgrade and expand.
|- Difficulty in data management.|
- Higher cost than other models.
>>>> Learn More: What is SaaS? SaaS software provides a comprehensive solution
1. Cloud computing model Public Cloud - Cloud "public"
As the name suggests, the Public Cloud cloud computing model gives users services and tools beyond the firewall and is managed by 3rd parties. Users can use the services after registering. and pay the supplier. This is the most commonly used model today.
Cloud storage service - Public Cloud is suitable for most Internet users with specific services, resource or software development needs and testing environment needs.
- No investment in technology infrastructure is required.
- Fits most customer requirements thanks to the software's scalability and flexibility.
- Service providers will be responsible for data management, helping businesses reduce the burden of technology expertise.
- Users have to depend on service providers because they do not have the right to manage data.
- Service costs can be high when applied on a large scale.
- Unappreciated level of data security and control is a concern for customers.
>>>> Learn Now: 10 benefits of cloud computing that businesses should know
2. Community Cloud - The "community" cloud
Community Cloud is a cloud computing model used in a community of users: be it a business, organization or broader scope. Similar businesses or organizations can share and use resources together.
Community Cloud is aimed at businesses and organizations with similar models and a need to share infrastructure and technology resources.
- Relatively low cost due to sharing resources among many customers.
- Security and data control are relatively stable thanks to a stable and homogeneous technology infrastructure.
- Organizations can share data easily and quickly, and can collaborate with each other.
- Customer objects can only share data in two ways: bandwidth capacity and fixed capacity.
- This Community Cloud cloud computing service model is not yet popular and rarely applied.
>>>> See More: 3 popular SaaS trends and how to choose the right model
3. Private Cloud Model - "Enterprise" Cloud
Private Cloud is basically the same as the Public Cloud cloud computing model, the basic difference between these two models is the nature of the user. If Public Cloud is available and intended for many users, Private Clouds are developed specifically for each customer.
Private Cloud is mainly used within the internal scope of businesses, customers who require strict control and data management. In particular, this model meets the strict requirements of enterprises' data security features.
- Prevent objects outside the enterprise from accessing the company's internal data.
- Allows customers to customize services based on different audiences.
- Capable of scalability and high efficiency for businesses.
- Enterprises can flexibly transform technology infrastructure according to the needs and nature of each unit.
- Highly appreciated for the security level of the software and the ability to protect customer information.
- The cost is quite high compared to Public Cloud.
- For highly confidential data, users may be restricted from accessing the data.
- In some cases, it is not possible to meet the needs of enterprises because the quantity cannot be calculated in advance.
4. Hybrid Cloud - Cloud computing "hybrid"
Hybrid Cloud is a combination of the three models mentioned above and is considered a “hybrid” cloud computing model. Therefore, this model is considered to possess the most outstanding features compared to current cloud computing models. Instead of using services provided from 3rd parties, when applying Hybrid Cloud, enterprises can create their own databases and divide the management with providers.
Businesses and individuals require high requirements for data security and want to optimize technology infrastructure without affecting other technologies.
- Reasonable terms in the implementation of the model between the enterprise and the supplier.
- Improve scalability for public cloud data without leaking critical data.
- The reliability and security of this cloud computing service model is appreciated by the service delivery across many different models.
- The cost is higher than other cloud computing models due to more features.
- Due to the integration of many features, Hybrid Cloud requires a sprawling cloud infrastructure. This also makes it difficult to manage the data on the Public Cloud.
- The complexity of Hybrid Cloud requires businesses to have a good and competent management team.
The article has compiled relevant information about the most popular types of cloud computing model today. Viindoo hopefully with the above content, readers have had an overview of the advantages and disadvantages of these computing models and made suitable choices for businesses.
>>>> Continue With: