Assigning tasks to employees is one of the important skills of a manager in an organization. However, to achieve the best effect when assigning work, managers need to meet many different principles. In this article, Viindoo will guide administrators to effectively assign tasks to employees and subordinates. Read the article to know the details!
1. What is the right way to assign work to employees?
Employee delegating is the process by which a manager or superior assigns an employee specific tasks or tasks that need to be completed. When task distribution and assigning work to employees, managers need to communicate information about job requirements, deadlines, goals, and quality standards.
In addition, managers also need to determine the resources needed to get the job done, monitor progress, and provide support if needed. Managers must also ensure that work is completed on time, with quality and contributes to the overall goals of the organization.
>>>> Read More About: What is Work process? How to build a workflow
2. Benefits when assigning jobs to employees
Here are some benefits of delegating tasks properly and effectively:
- Divide work properly and make sure each employee has his or her own responsibilities. This helps improve work efficiency and speed up work.
- When assigned, HR will have the opportunity to develop their skills through solving new skill formulas and tasks. In addition, this also helps employees improve their skills, increase their problem-solving abilities, and become highly competent personnel.
- When employees receive responsibility and trust from their managers, they will feel more active and motivated to work, which improves employee morale and increases the likelihood of successful completion. job.
- When assigning work, managers and employees will have to interact and communicate with each other more often, helping to build a good relationship between the two parties and improve their ability to work effectively in the future.
>>>> Read More: Building a interdepartmental collaboration [Attached sample]
3. Principles of assigning work to employees
When assigning tasks to employees, managers need to ensure the following principles are followed:
- Managers need to clearly define responsibilities and goals from work to avoid confusion and disorder in the working process.
- Should choose the right employees for the job to ensure the best ability to complete the job.
- Provide sufficient information, goals, deadlines and other requirements to employees to avoid misunderstandings or omissions in the process of performing work.
- Monitor progress and provide support and help to ensure work is completed on time.
- Once the job is done, the manager needs to evaluate the results and give feedback so the employee can improve for the next task.
4. Process of assigning work to employees
4.1 Step 1 - Identify the Inputs
The first step in the staffing process is to identify inputs such as:
- The purpose of the work, the tasks to be performed and the results to be achieved.
- Job completion deadline.
- Budget for work.
- Resources needed to do the job, including people, documents, equipment, software, and media.
- Identify the employee best suited to do the job, including skills, experience, and knowledge.
4.2 Step 2 - Assigning tasks
After preparing the plan, the manager assigning tasks to employees by:
- Inform employees of tasks, tasks, results to be achieved and deadlines for completion.
- Explain the skills, experience, and resources required to perform the job.
- Share work plans and schedules, including completion times and steps to be taken.
- Ensure that employees understand the duties and requirements and have the necessary resources to do the job.
- Teach employees how to do the job, including the processes, methods, and tools to use.
- Set quality and quantity standards to be achieved.
4.3 Step 3 - Monitoring and Control
To ensure that work is done on schedule and meets quality standards, managers need to take the following steps:
- Track employee progress, make sure they're on schedule and get the job done on time.
- Check the quality of the work being done and compare it to a set standard.
- Evaluate employees' abilities and skills during job performance to ensure that they have the capacity and skills to complete the job effectively.
- Continuously monitor and update changes in the work process, adjusting work plans and schedules as necessary.
- Make sure employees have the resources and materials needed to do their jobs effectively.
Monitor and check the budget used in the execution of the work.
4.4 Step 4 - Performance Evaluation
Performance evaluation is the process of looking at the results achieved by the work against the quality standards and originally set goals. To evaluate employee performance, managers need to take the following steps:
- Determine criteria for evaluating work results, based on previously set goals and job requirements.
- Conduct performance appraisals, based on defined criteria.
- Compare the work results achieved with the quality standards and goals set initially.
- Assess the capacity and skills of employees in the process of performing work.
- Provide feedback to employees on job performance and evaluation results, and make suggestions to improve work performance.
Managers can refer to the article 4 criteria to evaluate the level of job completion of employees to learn more about how to evaluate employee work results.
5. Difficulty in assigning work to personnel
Some of the following difficulties will greatly affect the effectiveness of assigning tasks to employees:
- Lack of information: If management does not provide adequate information about the job and specific requirements, employees may not understand their duties well or do not know how to perform them properly.
- Lack of clear delineation: If management does not clearly assign tasks and clearly define the responsibilities of each team member, it can lead to low performance and waste of resources. .
- Failure to provide direction and support: If management does not provide adequate direction and support to employees, they may not know how to solve problems that arise or do not have enough information to get the job done. .
- Lack of time management ability: If the administrator does not manage time and schedule closely, personnel may not be able to keep up with the progress of the work.
6. Viindoo Project - An effective solution for managing and assigning work to employees
Viindoo Project is an advanced task assignment software, developed to help businesses in the process of managing and assigning work to employees easily and effectively. With this software, businesses will be able to manage from planning to tracking work progress, evaluating employee work results.
This software of Viindoo provides businesses with a series of preeminent features such as job planning, division of work for employees, monitoring work progress, reporting on work performance, forecasting resources. ... In addition, this software also supports enterprises in human resource management, data management and information exchange within the organization quickly in one system.
With advanced and customizable features, Viindoo Project is an efficient workflow and project management solution suitable for many types of businesses. Therefore, if businesses also want to use this software, please contact Viindoo immediately for advice and support.
- Address: 6th Floor, Taiyo Building, No. 97 Bach Dang, Ha Ly Ward, Hong Bang District, Hai Phong, Vietnam
- Email: email@example.com
- Hotline: 0225 730 9838
- Website: https://viindoo.com/
Assigning tasks to employees is no longer difficult because Viindoo Project has helped you better manage human resources and manage work with the highest efficiency. Please visit Viindoo's website to learn more details about the preeminent features that this software brings to businesses!
>>>> Continue With: 5 Steps to Effective staffing Planning & Free Plan Template