Help

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

How to manage physical test specimens in warehouse and bom

Jennin Seannen

Hi all,

it is not a real technical question but I would like to know what you guys are doing...

Test specimens coming from forgings, casting, bars....for all type of testing: How do you manage the coding and the lifecycle in your system???

Do you have a code for the machined specimen and also for the raw part? Sort of Specimen BOM on two levels or flat? How do you manage the material source? How do provide traceability in the database??? Need to evaluate a better management yet, no idea what to do...

Thanks

Discard
1 Answer
Tom Nguyen
Best Answer

Hi Jennin Seannen,

My name is Tom from Viindoo Customer Support Department, I have already your question. Thank you for taking care of our product and service.

I will answer your questions:

1. How do you manage the coding and the lifecycle in your system???

• Step 1: We will create products and raw materials. Each test specimen will be a different product.
  • Step 2: We have a PLM application where we record product changes and BOM (Bill of Materials). We will know the details of the changes about: What is the change product, what is the number of change, v.v

2. Do you have a code for the machined specimen and also for the raw part? 

• I don't understand your question. Could you provide an example?

3. Sort of Specimen BOM on two levels or flat? 

• Yes, we have a feature that allows you to set up a BOM followed by a hierarchical form or as a flat BOM with equal levels.

3. How do you manage the material source?

• We have a feature for supply replenishment. For any given product, once it is out of stock, you can set it up to automatically replenish from purchase orders, manufacture, or other inventory. 
  • Additionally, the system has a feature that allows you to set a minimum and maximum quantity for a product. When the number of products decreases below the minimum, the figures will automatically trigger replenishment based on the rules you've set. This ensures that the inventory always maintains an adequate quantity for each product.
  • With products in the inventory, you can view inventory reports to check quantity and location in each warehouse and location.

4. How do you provide traceability in the database? 

• Can you provide more details about this question? I don't understand what you mean.

Discard

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!