Email marketing strategy is must-have for every business. That's why, in this article, Viindoo Enterprise Management Software will walk you through our own tried-and-true method that helps you craft successful email marketing plans with detailed examples. Let's dive in!
Why Is Email Marketing Strategy Important?
There are some key reasons why an email marketing strategy is a must-have for every business:
- Firstly, it's a crucial component of the marketing funnel. Forget the days of sending generic mass emails and hoping for the best. With the help of top best email marketing platforms, you can hone in on targeting users at various stages of their journey, leading to a better customer experience.
- Secondly, email marketing allows you to reach your audience with tailored content based on their preferences, minimizing spam complaints and boosting click-through rates.
- Finally, well-crafted email strategies backed by data are the key to generating higher email marketing ROI.
Email campaign strategies are a must-have for businesses
>>>> Read More: Email Marketing Best Practices to Help Boost Sales (with Examples)
7 Ways To Take Email Marketing Strategy To The Next Level
Provide Value To Customers
Providing value is key to a successful email marketing plan. So what does this mean?
Here's the tip: you need to give your subscribers something they want or need. Put yourself in their shoes and think about their pain points.
Let's say you own an online clothing store and your customers are frustrated with not being able to try things on. So, create an email marketing plan that addresses this issue head-on.
For example, in your newsletter marketing strategy, you should highlight free returns or a virtual try-on feature.
The newsletter example from Virtual Earth
When it comes to giving your subscribers value, accessibility should be at the top of the list. You don't want your audience to miss out on the great content you're providing just because they can't properly view your emails. Here are two factors to keep in mind:
- Your emails should be mobile-friendly. This means they should look good and function well across multiple devices.
- It's important to ensure that your emails are accessible to visually impaired users. One way to do this is by adding a descriptive email subject line and using an easy-to-read font.
Don't underestimate the power of your calls-to-action (CTAs). Weak CTAs will lead to fewer visitors and ultimately, fewer sales. Instead, here are some ideas that'll make your subscribers want to click.
- Start with a strong command verb
- Evoke emotion
- Give your subscribers a reason to click
- Tap into FOMO (fear of missing out) - words like "limited time offer" and "only a few left"
Check out the example from Curology. Once clicking on the CTA "Add to your box" button, you'll navigate to the cart page.
The Curology's CTA button is exactly what we’re talking about
By grouping subscribers based on demographics, interests, actions or customer persona information, you can send targeted emails that are more relevant to your audience.
You can even ask new subscribers questions about their industry, location, interests and email preferences through your signup form.
Other segmentation tactics include grouping contacts based on the links they clicked and the lead magnet they signed up through.
Results from email list segmentation
Warm up inactive subscribers
Is your email list for marketing campaign have some inactive subscribers? There are plenty of reasons why they might have gone quiet. Bringing them back into the fold is totally worth it because it's easier and cheaper to encourage existing customers to make purchases than it is to hunt down new ones.
So how can you reconnect with these guys? Start by warming them up with a fresh angle on your business, or a cool new offer.
We've got some creative ideas to re-engage with them:
- Try reminding them of your business and how you can help them
- Give them exclusive offers they can't resist
- Highlight some new and exciting content, and ask them a question to get the conversation flowing
Run trigger-based email campaigns
By tailoring your communication to each individual subscriber, you'll keep them more engaged and connected with your business.
These emails are sent to contacts based on specific actions they take.
- Behavior-based triggers: For example, send a follow-up email when someone visits your website or clicks a link.
- Demographic-based triggers: helpful for sending birthday emails to subscribers.
- Time-based triggers: You can set up reminders for subscription expirations or to re-engage customers who haven't been active lately.
Flock reminds users to upgrade their subscriptions
Personalize your messages
When building successful email marketing strategies, it's important to make each message feel like it was crafted specifically for the recipient.
But that doesn't mean manually typing out an email for every single subscriber. Instead, use customer data to create personalized messages that will resonate with each individual.
Here are some tips for getting personal with your emails:
- Incorporate subscriber names into subject lines, greetings, and the body of the email.
- Use previous subscriber behavior to promote relevant content and recommend products or services.
- Give subscribers a special treat on their birthday with a personalized coupon.
- Don't let abandoned carts go unnoticed - send a notification to encourage sales.
- Streamline your sales funnel with automated, personalized messages that keep subscribers engaged.
- Recap your client history as Spotify does with its annual Wrapped feature.
Let's take a look at Skillshare's subject line - ”Get 50% Off Membership, Smiles Davis”.
The email subject line example from Skillshare
Conduct A/B testing
You can test different components, from subject lines to CTAs, and see which performs better. This way, you can be sure that you're sending out the best possible version of your email to your subscribers.
Get experimental and try out different options. Once you've found what works, you can include it in your email marketing campaign.
Build Effective Email Marketing Strategies With Viindoo Email Marketing
Viindoo Email Marketing
Viindoo Email Marketing is a powerful tool that helps businesses reach out to their target audience through engaging and personalized email campaigns. With Viindoo's email marketing solution, businesses can design and send beautiful, responsive emails that are optimized for both desktop and mobile devices.
We provide an intuitive drag-and-drop interface that allows users to create customized email marketing templates without the need for coding skills.
In addition, you can easily automate your email campaigns based on subscriber behavior. This means you can send targeted and personalized messages to your subscribers based on their actions, such as email opens, clicks, and purchases.
Viindoo Email Marketing also provides detailed analytics that allows you to conduct your email marketing ideas and track email campaign performance. This includes metrics such as open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates, as well as insights into subscriber behavior and engagement.
Overall, Viindoo Email Marketing is a comprehensive solution that enables businesses to create engaging, personalized, and effective email campaigns. Start building successful email marketing plans with Viindoo.
To really connect with your audience, personalize and optimize your email marketing strategy. Your messages need to be tailored for multiple devices and speak directly to your customers. By implementing these email marketing techniques, you'll see a boost in your campaign performance, better customer engagement, and stronger business growth.